The Illusion of Forever

 You came into my life when I wasn't seeking you,
Wove a tapestry of lies, made me believe anew.
You painted dreams of a life we'd share,
A world filled with joy, a love beyond compare.


Then shattered it all, left me in despair, 


With agony and self-doubt hanging in the air.
Where did I go wrong? Was my love so slight?
Was leaving me easy, just fading from sight?


Is my love so forgettable, just a fleeting phase?


Am I that easy to dismiss, lost in the haze?
But do I truly need answers to these aching pleas,
When I know I loved you, despite all your misdeeds?


Even when you blamed me for what you did wrong,
I held on to love, even when I didn't belong.
When hatred seemed the easier path to take,

I chose to love you, for love's own sake.




Comments